Tuesday, March 10, 2009

SQL convenience layer for Operating Systems

I've just thought about this. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, it may be naive as well. I'm yet to search and confirm if there exists any solution already. I'll confirm with my friends shortly and update this. However anyone who reads this and knows about an existing software feature that provides this capability, please leave a comment.

There can be a cross-platform SQL convenience layer for querying the file system information.

Won't it be convenient to query like below.
1) SELECT files FROM fileSystem WHERE folderName="someFolder";
2) SELECT files FROM fileSystem WHERE creationTime BETWEEN date1 AND date2;
3) SELECT files FROM fileSystem WHERE owner=me AND type=java;
4) DELETE from fileSystem WHERE type=someType AND name=junk;

These are very few and this can be of great value.

No comments:

Post a Comment